As a life long learner I am thrilled to have found Institute for Contemporary Psychoanalysis, an advanced clinical training program where I am earning a Ph.D in Contemporary psychoanalysis. This training is deepening my long held beliefs in collaborative work with my clients.
In addition to this ongoing learning I have had specialized training in:
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, San Diego, CA 2012
- EMDR Level II, San Diego, CA 2011
- Adolescent Treatment, Las Vegas, CA 2010
- Couples Therapy Conference, San Diego, CA 2009
- Brief Therapy Conference, San Diego, CA 2008
- Certified Gottman Educator Seattle, WA 2006
- Evolution of Psychotherapy, Anaheim, CA 2005
- California Child Abuse Laws , San Diego, CA 2004
- Red Cross 9/11 Training September 11th New York, NY 2001
- Domestic Violence “Best Practice Model” New York, NY 2001
- Trauma Conference & Exposure Therapy New York, NY 2000
- Children & Law American Bar Association Washington, D.C 1999
- Mediation Training, Columbia Law School New York, NY 1998
- Sand Tray Play Therapy: Eliana Gill New York, NY 1998
- Violent Families and HIV New York, NY 1997
- Youth Subculture and Teen Violence Madison, WI. 1995
- Albert Ellis Seminar on Rational Emotive Therapy Milwaukee, WI 1995
- Midwest Conference: Childhood Abuse and Incest Madison, WI 1994
- Therapy Writing Conference Eugene, OR 1994
My current research interest is on colicky babies, attachment and culture examing what impact our cultural values of independence has on individuals famlies and society. If you are interested in being included in this study please email email@example.com More information is also available at www.babymaven.org
Selected Presentations and Papers:
“Reactive Attachment Disorder in Foster Care” Training for Lawyers and Social Workers at the Legal Aid
Society in New York City - 2000
“The stories that stay with us: avoiding secondary trauma in legal practice” accredited MCLE provider for attorneys accredited by the California Bar Association. - 2008-2010
“What Nobody Tells You About Becoming a Parent.” Invited speaker at Best Start Birth Center’s Anniversary Fundraising Event - 2007.
“For Crying Out Loud: Coping with Colic & Reflux” San Diego Family Magazine Published Article. May 2009 Issue.
“The Avoidable Legacy of Violence: When Survivors Become Mothers.” Invited presenter at the Annual California Association of Midwives Conference, Julian, California May 21-23, 2011
“Therapeutic Approaches to Perinatal Anxiety: A Case-Based Discussion: Should trauma be treated before birth?” Invited presenter for Post-Partum Health Alliance bi-annual Educational Presentation La Jolla, CA August 5, 2011
“Introduction to International Adoption: attachment and beyond: implications in child development” sponsored by Partner’s for Adoption. –Taught monthly in La Jolla, CA April 2011-October 2012
“Child Proofing Your Relationship” A condensed Bringing Baby Home Class for new and expectant parents based on John Gottman’s research. Ongoing
San Diego News Interview on Colic http://tinyurl.com/lomg5a2
Currently, I am an In Network provider for Tricare. This status changes so please call me to verify. I am an Out of Network provider for most other plans. I recommend checking your insurance to familiarize yourself with your out of network benefits. I am happy to provide a monthly statement for insurance and flex spending reimbursement. In addition I provide services for the California Victims of Crime Compensation Service. Apply Here.
I work with clients at my office which is very eacy to reach from Berkeley, Oakland, Albany, El Cerrito, San Fransisco or Marin and as needed I provide home visits (additional travel fees apply after a first visit for children) and HIPPA compliant video conferencing. Call 510.343.9832 for more information.
Tyia Grange Isaacson, LCSW, Ph.D © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
I work with individuals, couples and children including very young children. I love what I do and feel honored to help clients find more connection and joy in life. I have been in practice since 1998. I was formerly an adjunct lecturer for Columbia University school of Social Work as well as a qualified expert witness for child custody cases. I have had the good fortune to be trained in New York City where I cultivated cultural sensitivity working with diverse patients treating a wide array of problems I have success treating:
- Trauma ( I am trained in EMDR)
- Suriviors of all types of abuse and neglect
- Problematic relationships with food, body image and substances
- Learning Disabilities
- Challenges with life stage transitions
- Work– life – parenting balance
- Couples (I am a certified Gottman Educator)